Most people who use alcohol and other drugs are employed. A fact no workplace can afford to ignore.
While very few people use alcohol or other drugs at work, their effects can directly affect workplace culture, safety and productivity.
But did you know that research shows drug testing DOES NOT:
- detect the majority of people who use drugs
- indicate impairment or fitness for work
- provide a deterrent to drug use, or
- reduce drug use or harms in the workplace
Drug testing is just one part of the workplace drug and alcohol policy picture. It is just not enough on its own.
Good workplace health policy takes a 360 approach that
- Engages your team to improve motivation and develop a healthy workplace culture to reduce the risk of drug and mental health issues
- Prevent harm from drugs and mental health through solid workplace policies
- Respond to problems early and effectively with treatment referral, return to work and risk identification training for managers
As Australian leaders in workplace drug and alcohol policy implementation, working with us you can be confident that you and your workers are protected. We understand the science behind effective policy.
Ready to WorkWell®? Contact us for more information about how WorkWell® can make your workplace safe and healthy.