You are currently using an outdated browser. For the best viewing experience, please upgrade your browser here
Beyond the tip of the iceberg: A practitioners' guide to ice
By Nicole Lee, Linda Jenner, Paula Ross
Methamphetamine, including speed and ice, elevates aggression and psychosis. Once dependent, it can be long and challenging for people who use methamphetamine to reduce or stop. This book explains why and what we can do in a range of primary and tertiary health contexts to reduce harms and improve outcomes.
$34.95 (free postage in Australia)
Add To Cart
Drug use in Australian society 2nd Edtion
Edited by Alison Ritter, Nicole Lee & Trevor King
Drug Use in Australian Society 2ndEditionbrings together and outlines all the relevant concepts, theories and practices pertinent to understanding alcohol and other drug use in Australian society. It introduces the history of drug use in Australian society, outlines theoretical perspectives and explores public policy responses to drug use. It also has a focus on drug policy in action by exploring responses to prevention, treatment, legal issues, regulation and policing.
$84.95 (free postage in Australia)
Ad to cart
Perspectives on amphetamine type stimulants
Edited by Steve Allsop and Nicole Lee
All you ever needed to know about what’s behind methamphetamine and other amphetamine type stimulants is in this comprehensive text by the world’s leaders in methamphetamine. There’s some great commentary from consumers, parents, police, and frontline emergency- and health-service staff, and some insightful case studies throughout.
RRP $90, but now $69.95 free postage
Add To Cart
High quality printed sets available for $45 free postage.
Or download low res form for free below.
Add To Cart
Videos Meth Inside Out
This excellent video series developed with the support of some of the world’s leaders in methamphetamine treatment. The three DVD set goes through use, effects, the brain science behind meth use and dependence, and recovery. These videos are no longer in production, and we only have a few copies left so get in quickly before they run out forever!
Was $300AUD now $150 free postage
Add To Cart
Alcohol and Drugs in the Workplace: A Guide for Organisations 2017
The biggest mistake businesses make with alcohol and drug policies is focusing too much on drug testing. Find out from Australia’s experts why testing is not enough.
Add to cart
What works series
What works is our new series of free reports summarising the research about what works in different alcohol and other drug contexts
What Works in Prisoner AOD Treatment
- Efficacy of motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety and depression symptoms following traumatic brain injury 2015
- Investigation of the Effectiveness of Brief Interventions to Reduce Alcohol Consumption Following Traumatic Brain Injury Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation 2012
- Characteristics of a non-treatment seeking sample of over-the-counter codeine users: Implications for intervention and prevention 2011
- Beyond the paper trail: Using technology to reduce escalating harms from opioid prescribing in Australia 2013
- What works in school-based alcohol education: A systematic review 2016
- Alcohol use among workers in male-dominated industries: A systematic review of risk factors 2016
- Accessing the inaccessible: Engaging male-dominated workplaces in alcohol and drug intervention programs 2015
- Effective interventions for mental health in male-dominated workplaces 2014
- Workplace risk factors for anxiety and depression in male-dominated industries: A systematic review 2014
- A systematic review of alcohol interventions among workers in male-dominated industries 2014
- Implementing a workplace alcohol intervention in the manufacturing sector: Early outcomes from the workplace reduction of alcohol-related harms program 2014
- CBT for substance use problems in Textbook of Addiction 2015
- A systematic review of interventions for co‐occurring substance use and borderline personality disorders 2015
- Self-Practice and Self-Reflection in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Training: What Factors Influence Trainees’ Engagement and Experience of Benefit?.
- Alcohol and drug treatment in Drug Use in Australian Society 2013
- Test-restest reliability of PsyCheck: A mental health-screening tool for substance use treatment clients 2013
- Who Responds Better? Factors Influencing a Positive Response to Brief Alcohol Interventions for Individuals With Traumatic Brain Injury 2012
- Improving case management outcomes for young people 2012
- Dual diagnosis capability after an AOD workforce initiative 2012
- A systematic review of interventions for co-occurring substance use disorder and borderline personality disorder 2011
- Mind your step: developing effective mental health training for alcohol and other drug workers 2011
- Screening and intervention for mental health problems in alcohol and other drug settings: Can training change practitioner behaviour? 2011